Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday Notes - Say It Ain't So

4:00pm With today's unfortunate news of David Ortiz -- one of the the last perceived "clean" power hitters of recent years -- testing positive for Steroids in 2003, nothing seems sacred any more. Yankee fans will have a field day with this one ... and rightfully so.

I admit I'm bummed about this one, although it explains a lot about why his power numbers are down now, not to mention the often-debated pre- and post-Boston pics to the right. Manny was understandable ... he was always clueless. But Big Papi?

And now I think I finally know why my power numbers are down this year. It was those dang steroids I took in 2008.

Oh, and trading ... well, I had my C game on today ... sort of like Ortiz before 'roids. And tomorrow I'll protect every remaining penny of July profit before going underwater Sunday night.