Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Weekend Trader Part 2 - Viewer's Choices

As this journal reaches its second birthday, and both traffic (+20% in last month per Alexa.com) and twitter (twitter.com/millerdon followers at 600+) are once again spiking, I thought it would be helpful to provide a snapshot of the top onlooker visited posts as ranked by Google Analytics (which excludes my personal visits).

All-Time:

#1 - Cornerstone - The 7/4/08  "fictitious drawdown" light bulb post that was one of the main reasons I launched the blog, and which became a central theme of my trading during the record 08-09 runs.  By far, this is the most often referenced link, outpacing #2 by about 4-1.

#2 - Chinese Bamboo Tree - One of the most powerful concepts I've been exposed to in my 49 years, which has had a profound impact on me in recent years.  It's also incredibly listed #5 in the world if you Google "Chinese Bamboo Tree".

#3 - A Night to Dance - The 2008 Year-End post which was always designed more to motivate others than tout my personal victory.  And yes, I visit it on occasion when I need that confidence boost.

#4 - CME Pricing Thoughts - An analysis restating 2008 results for non-CME member rates.  See below for a better and more up-to-date analysis.

#5 - 2008 Statistics - A rare in-depth look into a professional trader's detailed trading stats for a full year.  Likely the only time you'll see such a public analysis due to confidentiality and industry mis-use.

Top 2010 (If Not Included Above):

#1 - MoneyShow Interviews - Links for the four MoneyShow.com interviews I gave just before speaking at this year's NY Trader Expo.

#2 - E-Mini Commission Analysis - An in-depth analysis I did to compare various trader commission alternatives verified by MF Global and the CME.  To my knowledge, the only place you'll find such an analysis on the web, so take advantage of my legwork to avoid having to do your own.

#3 - Replay of 2010 NY Expo Presentation - A Livestream replay of pertinent portions of the Feb 2010 presentation to a packed house in NY.

#4 - There's No Crying in Trading - Personal perspectives and bruises immediately after the 5/6 flash crash.  Also the #1 ranked video and most accessed day of the year.

#5 - Keys to the Castle - Critical lessons from the inaugural Jellie team participantsA must-read due to (1) my personal conviction, and (2) as stated by the flood of emails I received.

And a reminder that a list of key posts which I believe should be of particular note for all traders can be found in the lower left-hand margin.

If you're new to this site, welcome.

If you've been with us since we started, remember that repetition can be a good thing.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments: