Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Weekend Trader - Housekeeping

A couple of final thoughts heading into the new week and first full week of the new year.

Blog FAQ - Given the continued growth in blog interest and recent comments asking for advertising or link exchanges, I've created a blog FAQ and comments submission guideline link in the left hand margin. Apparently, there was mention of this site in Yahoo Finance over the weekend (unknown to me), which was one cause for the most recent surge in interest. So much for staying under the radar. The link may also be a good reminder for all of us.

Chinese Bamboo Link - I unfortunately learned today that the domain that hosted Eric Aronson's Chinese Bamboo link that we've referenced dozens of times over the last year -- and which is embedded in several blog postings -- is no longer valid. That's too bad as it was a great perspective of the concept, and I'll try to find an alternative source.

My Mentor - I've often said my primary trading mentor over the past decade has been the market ... and that's certainly true. Yet here's the true mentor of my life -- my Dad. The pic of the two of us was snapped after my sister's wedding yesterday. He's a man of deep thought and integrity, was an educator for over 40 years, and has survived two heart attacks ... one where the EMTs had to literally "bring him back".

If I ever stay out of my own way long enough to become half the man he is, that would be a true accomplishment.

Needless to say, I've got a lot of work remaining to get there.

No comments: