Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Notes - First Steps

Not much to report on today's "first step", as I worked primarily on making sure my footing was secure so as to avoid a Wes Walker type knee blowout on my first step of the new year.

And so I again experiment with my color-coded scorecard as the year begins, trying to replicate the consistency that I've traditionally set in Q1 of recent years. The true test will come in upcoming days to make sure I rid myself of that orange aggression score.

With respect to the scorecard, it's a modified version of the one I used in early '09, and I'll touch on the various categories over time. In the meantime a reminder that the top section of trading environment categories -- along with the "perceived opportunity" line item in the lower section -- reflect my preferred environment and patterns ... and can vary greatly by trader.